View Single Post
Old 05-18-20, 05:47 PM
Hang 5 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
So epilog to the story. Florida had a few races before the whole COVID thing hit. They allow 5's in the 50+ masters, so that was my major concern solved. I did two events. The first one I signed up for Cat 5 RR, Time Trial, 50+ Crit and Cat 5 crit over two days. I got dropped in the RR. Finished two of three laps and wasn't last. Time trial, DFL (dead last) which surprised me as that was my strength back in the day, but whatever. Next day 50+ crit, dropped after a few laps, rejoined and finished with the field. 6th of 10 in 60+. Decided to do the Cat 5 crit, stayed in the field for half the race, got dropped from losing focus for a minute on a segment where I shouldn't have. Not last, but not great.

Did one more race just before the world got shut down. Crit only, 50+ and Cat 5. Got dropped in both, very technical course and not as confident as I was in my 20's. Felt like I was getting close however. Dropped most of the stragglers I picked up trying to catch back on.

There was a Florida State Crit that was supposed to be last weekend and it had a seperate 60+ field, no 50 yo's. I was planning on peaking for that and picking up one or two other races on the way and then that was the end of the world as we know it and everything was cancelled or postponed.