Old 11-14-20, 05:36 PM
ridethecliche
Batüwü Creakcreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 160 Posts
Originally Posted by hubcyclist
Doesn't seem bad to me. I paid $700 new for my CX bike with cant brakes a couple of years ago, and I still consider it a steal. Of course you need to come back to NE for some CX racing next fall!

I've been trying to find a MTB and someone on CL will sell me a 26er specialized hardrock for $100, no front wheel, but those should be cheap enough. I don't know if 26ers are worth being project bikes (seems like the world has moved on to 27.5 and even moreso to 29) I just want something I can goof around on and figure out if I really do actually like MTB. Of course it's a bad time of year to try, I'm kind of all in on my indoor base training lol
Yeah, I think you're right. Two sets of wheels both look like pretty basic setups but they'll get the job done. I think id like to get some lightish aeroish road wheels for this if I ride it on the road often. Need to make sure the wheels will be compatible with other setups moving forward.
I actually gave up on getting the cables done myself after hours of struggling with the RD integrated cables. Dropped it off at the shop as a frame.

I guess I don't really see the point of installing my 50/34 crank on it for now since I'm waiting on the 46/36 I bought online. That should be pretty good for a dual/triple duty bike I think. Maybe I'll swap the 36 for the 34. I don't really want to deal with swapping rings all the time because moving from 46 to 50 will probably require moving the FD and adjusting the chain as well right? 46-11 gets you into the high 30s at 110ish rpm. Fine for short bursts.

Re mtb are you looking at older stuff? The 80s/90s trek mountain tracks are pretty nice for tooling around. If you're looking for something specific and nicer shoot me a message and I can ask some Boston mtb friends if they're selling anything or know anyone that is.

Last edited by ridethecliche; 11-14-20 at 05:43 PM.