View Single Post
Old 11-20-20, 06:19 AM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3452 Post(s)
Liked 1,452 Times in 1,131 Posts
I occasionally do not put my Garmin 64 in the handlebar bracket quite right and it can fall out - user error. That GPS model is a general recreation GPS, not a cycling specific one. I have bought some cheap copies of the handlebar bracket from Asia, they do not hold it as well as the Garmin one and I use an elastic to keep it from sliding out of those. Part of my problem with putting the Garmin in the Garmin bracket is that the genuine Garmin brackets are so tight that it is hard to put it in, I have resorted to using sand paper or a file on the genuine brackets to loosen them up a bit.

I ALWAYS use a lanyard to keep the GPS attached to the handlebar so that it stays with the bike if it slides out of the bracket. That saves my GPS once or twice a year.

I can't speak for the mount the OP is interested in, but giving the price savings, I would certainly buy more asian copies of the bracket I use. But these days shipping from asia can take a month or two, so if you are in a hurry, that can be a bad plan. I have a GPS mount on six bikes and one on a solo canoe.

Buy one, they are cheap, if you do not like it then do not use it. But use a lanyard to make sure you do not lose it.