Old 12-24-17, 12:56 PM
Road Fan

Bikes: 1980 Masi, 1984 Mondonico, 1984 Trek 610, 1980 Woodrup Giro, 2005 Mondonico Futura Leggera ELOS, 1967 PX10E, 1971 Peugeot UO-8

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1858 Post(s)
Liked 664 Times in 506 Posts
Originally Posted by In2daBlue
Thanks for the comments. It's helpful to read people's comments to my OP. Really appreciate the knowledge of the forum.

To respond to some specific things: my budget is what it takes to buy the right frame for the next 20,000 miles... and I mean that, within reason. I have a budget but most high-end brands fall within it... Parlee doesn't, but most do.

I'm not inclined to get an "endurance bike" as much as I'm chasing geo/characteristics to serve a specific purpose (light-weight, fast when needed and fun, but comfortable for long days and hilly terrain). Trying to research what that actually looks like in terms of geo or a given bike is harder as the stuff I find on Google tends to be mouthpiece literature/marketing for bike makers and because guys at different LBS seem a hard time talking about bikes they can't sell, making the "if not this, than what?" conversation hard to have with honesty.

Chaadster, your comment was helpful in that sense. I don't understand geo enough to know how to best fill my need. Once I do, I can research the heck out of different frames that fit that spec (or close) and then ensure a proper fit.
I really agree with the ambiguity of the terms you and the manufacturers are using. I want to suggest considering a little modern history, the Specialized Roubaix. I haven’t owned one, but they were lauded as comfortable bikes that were decently fast.