Steely Dan
born again cyclist

Bikes: I have five of brikes

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Gunga Dan
It's called a sideWALK. Anyone over the age of 12 who attempts to ride their bike on the sideWALK should be ticketed.
in that case, you're gonna have to come find me and give me a ticket then. i've been doing my little sidewalk shortcut to get to the MUP trailhead for a couple years now. CPD doesn't seem to give a single flying $h!t.

The answer to areas with dangerous road conditions for bikers is to change those conditions so the bikers are safe
that would be groovy with me. if the city were to put in a contra-flow bike lane on the one-way street in question, i'd gladly ride it, but until that happens......

SIDEWALK SHORTCUT!!!!!!

if there's a section of road you're not comfortable biking on, don't bike there.
it's not that i'm not comfortable riding on the street in question, it's just one-way the wrong way to get to the the MUP trailhead, and there's a perfectly good, almost never used sidewalk just sitting right there, so..........

If there's a short section of a trip which is otherwise fine in the street where you simply MUST use the sidewalk, get off your bike and walk it.
LOL! walk my bike? on a sidewalk that goes past a sewage pumping station that almost never has anyone on it? for 700 feet? yeah, i'm never going to do that.

as i stated earlier, on the rare occasion that i do encounter someone on that short stretch of sidewalk, i slow WAY down, and even pass people on the grass if i'm rolling behind them.

What needs to be done is to have the ROADS set up so adult bikers can ride there safely & comfortably. .
i agree, but until the city recognizes how asinine it is to have a one-way street lead to the trailhead of an MUP, i'll be happily riding on that stretch of sidewalk!

feel free to come and ticket me anytime

Last edited by Steely Dan; 03-26-19 at 11:21 AM.