Old 07-10-19, 03:01 PM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by illdrag0n
Dead serious. I took it to the local cop shop just incase a legit tradesman or old person lost it.

2 months later they called me back saying nobody claimed it and asked for my bank transfer details
Sounds like drug dealer drop money

Drug dealers don't like to be holding either money or product, so if they get stopped by the cops they can't be physically tied to anything.

Even on a transfer of cash to the higher level dealer some don't like to hand off the money since if someone is watching it implicates both people. So some dealers will dead drop money where someone else will come pick it up later. Then if that person gets caught with it they can plausibly say "I just found a bundle of cash. I have no idea where it came from....I was going to take it to the local police station but you stopped me."

I used to be an addictions counselor in a prison. Worked with a lot of dealers. Interesting people. Some are REALLY smart and extremely creative, to the point where police who were actively looking for drugs/cash won't find it if they were standing on it. Some are dumber than a bag of lopsided rocks and will dead drop money on a well traveled bike path where it gets easily found.

Either that or posting here that you 'found it' is just part of your cover story....