View Single Post
Old 12-22-22, 09:00 AM
Hiro11

Bikes: 2022 Specialized Allez Sprint custom build, 2019 Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0, 2018 Seven Mudhoney Pro custom build, 2017 Raleigh Stuntman, various others

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 782 Post(s)
Liked 475 Times in 238 Posts
Every bike I have is tubeless.

Every ride:
1. Dynaplug Racer, in jersey pocket. Stan's Darts and generic bacon strips both are inferior to Dynaplugs. Dynaplugs are expensive but worth it.
2. 16g generic threaded CO2 cartridge. I've found that every sealant works fine with CO2, despite what I've read. I still let the C02 out of the tire and reinflate when I get home.
3. Inflator with a controllable flow mechanism. There are lots of these, the $26 Pro Bike Tool with the little lever that is on Amazon is good, I also like the PDW Shiny Object.
4. Spare tube, which I have never had to use. Dynaplugs have sealed all of the (very rare) tubeless punctures the sealant can't deal with that I've had. I still bring a tube.
5. One lever.

For very long rides in rural areas, I add:
6. A minipump in the frame bag. I like designs with a little rubber hose. The Silca one is really good.
7. Motorcycle tire patch kit + vulcanizing fluid. This saved my ass once, they work really well and they're easy to use.
8. Another tube.
9. A couple more CO2 cartridges.