View Single Post
Old 03-13-19, 05:35 AM
TimmyT 
Keener splendor

Bikes: Black Mountain Cycles Road and canti MX, Cannondale CAAD12, Bob Jackson Vigorelli

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 51 Posts
^^ Yeah, it will come back @wktmeow
^ Nice work @Heathpack!

More cat 5 crit action: I did the Randall's Island Cat 4/5 race Tuesday night. The start was neutral, and then strung out over the first lap. I missed a smallish break ~4 riders on the backside of the first lap with a racer I knew I had to mark. This exposed me to the wind, and I had to work solo for the middle of the race. That little break guys dropped a teammate. I worked to catch him. Eventually, we worked together and caught a few riders. That was a good outcome. I got lapped by the leader. He is an A-rider in Russia, but doesn't have a history here. I lapped a bunch of guys, which was sort of annoying because they stopped racing and started soft-pedalling to pick up their point. Boo!

Overall, a good race. I finished in the middle of 24 racers. I need to get my body to adapt. Between this and the other two crits, all are pretty close to a full-blown effort. I want the races to more relaxed, so the non-race efforts need to become more intense. I should probably join a team just to be able to ride with the faster riders.

Last edited by TimmyT; 03-13-19 at 05:43 AM.