Old 06-16-19, 01:11 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Ditto, SunRace freewheels... at least the chromed versions like the 7-speed 13-25 MFR30, and 13-28 MFM30 ("R" for road, "M" for mountain bike, but I use both on road bikes). Those are good quality and outstanding values. They shift better than Suntour or Shimano freewheels on my bikes with Suntour and Shimano components.

I've just switched my Ironman from the SunRace 13-25 to a Suntour 13-26, which lets me spin a bit more effortlessly on our short, steep rollers. My knees like that. But the SunRace shifts more smoothly and runs more quietly. The Suntour Alpha freewheels and Accushift system are picky about chains.

OTOH, I just switched the Trekenstein 5900 from Shimano 14-28 MF-TZ21 to SunRace 13-28 MFM30 and it runs better, and doesn't spin out on a couple of favorite downhills. Neither freewheel was picky about shifting since Shimano was less finicky than Suntour Accushift.

But the MFM2A 7-speed 14-28 with a mix of blue-black carbon cogs was a disappointment. The freewheel body was a bit loose and rattly out of the box. I used it on my Globe Carmel errand bike, so no biggie. It's still better than those awful Shimano MegaRange freewheels that jump from the 24 to 32 or larger tooth cogs.

And please be extremely careful with gasoline. I'm a former OSHA safety inspector but I'll spare you the gruesome details of the horrific injuries and fatalities I've seen from getting careless with gasoline and other flammable liquids. Gasoline vapors spread very quickly and you can be surrounded by flammable vapor before you realize what's happened. 'nuff said, I hope.