Old 12-01-19, 10:30 AM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by Mark Isaak
I was hoping to get everyone's opinion about this bike. I have searched just about every "Help me ID this Pinarello" This thread's bike is most like the bike I have. Here's how it came:

After reading most of the posts, I believe this bike was built up as you see it the first picture. So, I believe it was the original build as it was sent to me. When I removed the paint, the fork is unpolished chrome underneath. I have a couple of questions. Is this frame a Treviso or a Super? Based upon that finding, what should I do with the fork during restoration? Paint it again or polish the chrome, or have it re-chromed? Does anyone have the paint code for the blue that is shown on the bike in this thread? Thanks for any assistance!
Given lack of chrome on seat caps and stays, if date codes are correct, with the quality of pic shown, best guess is likely either a Treviso or Italia.

I would recommend starting a new ID thread, though, rather than bumping one 10yrs old. Cuts down on confusion for everyone.

I'd recommend doing with it whatever your resources and/or taste permit. I traded off a mid-80s Pinarello Record to another BF'er, it was bright red with a rainbow metalflake from the factory and looked amazing, especially in the sun.