Old 11-30-16, 02:16 PM
Co1Ev

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet
My R1 and I went hang gliding off a mountain cliff in San Diego....without a glider. Came to in a beautiful meadow surrounded by curious lamas. Took about 10 minutes before I could remember what day it was. I was wearing good gear so I didn't have a scratch or bruise. Bike was well hammered though. Some teenagers that lived on the ranch rode up on their quads and asked if I needed help. They helped me load the bike into their pickup truck and drove me home (60 miles) for $100.00 and a tank of gas. A tow truck would have been a fortune so I was pretty happy about that.

I've never been able to remember braking, missing the corner, or the crash though. Just accelerating towards it.

A few days later I broke out the wrenches and the checkbook and I was much less happy.
Damn, a definite 'life flashing before your eyes' moment I bet. I hit the deck right outside a police station, had an officer peel me off the tarmac and dust me off. Turns out he lives not 20 minutes from I where I grew up and was an avid mountain biker. About the only time I'd be happy to get a ride home in a police van!