Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by gerv
Tell us about the street you live on...
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I live on Commonwealth Avenue (Comm Ave) considered to be one of the most beautiful boulevards in America, modeled on those in Paris.

Kenmore Square is the home of Fenway Park, so on game day, street and subway traffic is horrendous. It is also home to Boston University, so all-in-all is a lively place…

Gotta love the place. Bicycling? Don't get me started.
Originally Posted by Machka
Haven't heard from you since June ...hope you're OK.
Hi Machka et al,

You posted the above question on October 29 last year, and thank you very much. I have really wanted to reply but I was very busy (as I explained on my PM to you) until now. I have lived a cycling lifestyle for about 40 years, including cross-country touring, and year-round cycle commuting in Boston. I have been off the bike since your post but with an increased desire to ride, to begin this week after the brutal cold in New England abates.

After about nine years posting on BikeForums, I have dropped off posting to the public forums. This has been a good thing for me and has freed up a lot of time, since I invested a lot of time and effort to post. I resumed a more active riding schedule this summer (though as usual too little with my busy work and family life and posting is at least vicarious cycling).

Nonetheless,I still read my favorite subforums daily, particularly posts by my many favored subscribers, as well as those I consider grumps. I still like to reply, as a PM, when I read a post that particularly resonates with me.

I was particularly prompted to reply now, because this recent thread popped up on Fifty-Plus, ”How do we know when it's time to stop?.” I was amused that some of the replies thought it meant to stop cycling, and some thought it meant to stop posting to BF, or stop drinking. FYA, see my reply to that thread.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 01-09-18 at 08:07 AM.