View Single Post
Old 02-07-19, 12:05 PM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6219 Post(s)
Liked 4,218 Times in 2,365 Posts
Originally Posted by 3speed
As in the classic Camelbak worn on a day-hike? Because those are awful when road biking. I wear one for MTBing. The excessive sweat and heat caused by wearing a camelbak for biking totally sucks when it's for 6hrs on a drop bar bike. Tried it, deeply regretted it. I much prefer lower body temps and an aired out dry shirt, rather than a backpack glued to my now hot, sweaty back all day.
No, as in a classic Camelbak worn by mountain bicyclists and road bicyclists since their invention in 1989. People using them for hiking came later.

Frankly, I work harder and sweat more on a mountain bike than I ever have on a road bike. But I also have used one for 10,000 miles plus of touring. I don’t find them all that sweaty especially when packed with ice. And, since they keep water cold for about 10 times as long as a water bottle as well as providing more convenient access, I find that I drink more water. Drinking lukewarm water that has been sloshing around in a plastic bottle for 6 hours is far worse than a sweaty back in my opinion.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!