Old 10-14-19, 08:55 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
I think a big part of the problem was the ordering delay. Fabricating a custom bike takes a couple weeks and BF always had a queue so orders could take a couple months. They attempted to address this recently by moving some models to s/m/l frames and with their adjustable frame, to allow stock on hand that could be built more quickly. But not having local dealers with models in stock is what really has held them back along with lack of marketing and name recognition. Everyone knows Trek and even non-cyclists often know Brompton. 99% of the people I've talked to while on my bike had never heard of BF. It's a new retail world - if you don't have a strong social media presence, more than just a website, you're missing out. If you're not in shops in key markets, you're missing out. There's an opportunity here for a savvy business person (with $$$) to catapult BF into the forefront of folding bikes by capitalizing on being made in America. I hope someone steps in to make those changes. The bikes are amazing - it's the business model that needs help.