SingleSpeeDemon
Team Sohoku

Bikes: BMC, Cannondale, '87 Nishiki Modulus, 3Rensho Keirin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZiP0082
Oops - sorry, I don't know how I completely misread your post. I've seen one or two around Attorney St. and Staunton, and some near like Ave B and 5th street -- once a super heavy delivery bike with a stripped rear hub of sorts in a mini-dumpster, other times stripped-down BMX frames near piles of trash, a usable women's road frame from the 1970s, and also a usable old men's road frame (that one I regretted not picking up in time). The sad thing is, with a lot that I've tried to rescue from the trash, I end up just falling over them in my 230 sq. foot apartment and then just returning them to the side of the road
I'm the kind of guy who likes to chime in on subjects...yeah, I do this in real life too. I'm an a**hole.

Anyway, last November I went to NYC to audition for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, because, well I want to be a millionaire. Anyway, being too cheap for a cab, I walked from West 67th to the Imperial Ferry pier. Along the way, I saw a red Cannondale less its wheels leaning up against a fence with some trash. I was close to taking it, but there were a couple shady looking individuals sitting not far away in a parked car. And it was late. And I don't belong in NYC.