View Single Post
Old 09-02-15, 10:22 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by ShaneHanchey
I feel like this question is a bit elementary, but what is everyone's opinion on mixing brand when it comes to your kit? Not so much in terms of matching things like jersey and bib short brands...but more along the lines of gear that is made by bike manufacturers and the like. For instance, would you buy a helmet from Specialized when riding your Ridley, etc? I bought a Bontrager helmet about a month ago because I needed one quick and liked it the most out of what my LBS had to offer, but I ride a Giant and it seems Bontrager is generally associated with Trek.

I support and agree with whole idea that its really up to what you like...but lets face it, someone in the crowd is undoubtedly judging you and who wants to be the poor fellow everyone is pointing at and snickering about. I'm a noob in every sense of the word, just trying to hide it from everyone I run across as best I can.
A Specialized helmet while riding a Ridley? Good god, that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.