Old 12-29-17, 09:33 AM
robbyville

Bikes: Speedvagen Steel

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 156 Posts
Originally Posted by GuitarBob
It's a fantastic beer, so I hope you find it!
Originally Posted by autonomy
Good luck, don't think they distribute it further than Stowe, VT. They didn't even have any at the new brewery when I went at the beginning of the year. It's pretty good but wouldn't say I'd go out of my way to get it. Plenty of double- and west-coast-style IPAs out there which are good. I feel like Newburyport Greenhead IPA (MA) and Baxter Stwaway IPA (ME) are close but you may not be able to find them in CA. Can't think of a comparable CA beer at % time, the only thing that comes to mind is Modern Times Blazing World, but that one's an amber. Wouldn't mind having one of those right now, watching a sunset at Torrey Pines in La Jolla... damn, what am I still doing on the East Coast with these single-digit temps? I could be riding my bike all year round!
Thanks! First place was a no go, but according to Total Wine not far away from me they have a good selection of VT beer. So although maybe not this one, perhaps I'll find something comparable for my mellow NYE.

On a thread related topic, I was originally planning to simply move all my components from my Domane to the new Speedvagen, but this morning, I saw that Merlin was having a sale that included an additional 10% off on components and groupsets. So although I now have to figure out how to explain to the spousal unit, I picked up a complete Dura Ace 9150 DI2 group with bottom bracket (which I needed to buy anyway) for $2139!

I think I'll just let my wife know that it will be easier for me to sell the Domane as a complete bike that as a frameset with headset, bar and stem. Now I'll sell it with one of my wheel sets and the Dura Ace 9070 set up that I have on it now.