Old 10-22-18, 01:12 PM
McMitchell

Bikes: Focus Mares CX, Rocky Moutain Sherpa

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by chas58
For what it is worth, I can change tubeless tires a little faster than tubed tires. I use skinnystrippers (basically a latex strip that goes around the rim and ends up bonding to the tire) to - in effect - create a klind of tubular tire from my tubeless tires. I can take the tire off the wheel with the tire still holding (a little) air and pop on another tire without touching the sealant or using a tube. Its a nice unexpected side affect from these latex strips.
I am interested in the product you mention Chase58, sounds great. I am a little hesitant to enter skinnystrippers in a search engine for fear of what might turn up. Maybe you could provide a link directly to the product? I am wondering if this product might serve as a replacement for taping wheel rims or buying expensive “tubeless rims” or not?

I am tempted to, some might say, go off topic “again”. It seems we are heading towards a discussion of wheel rims and making tires tubless. Though the OP did mention having rims built maybe I should ask the OP if this is an acceptable direction for his post. I can always start a new thread rather than move further off topic. I was just thinking this might be of interest to the OP too?

Last edited by McMitchell; 10-24-18 at 07:46 AM.