Old 09-16-19, 11:50 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Probably Sanford and certainly Raleigh again.

Once they startup the other stuff, definitely Lyons (spelling?, Lions).

Just like everything new, new things take learning and finding your place. So far, I am liking it. Especially knowing that even for my lifestyle I can do lots races close by.

I think I'll get over the oval track crit thing and go out there this winter for that very reason. Like cross, I mean, it's just 30min for my Cat. Doesn't take much out of the day. I got to see that with the first cross race.

Goal is to do 4 cross races this year. Raleigh was one. Another Raleigh and Sanford would be 2/3, and Lions would be a 4th.

Otherwise, training wise this week I'm going to try to fit in some good TSS and SS work overall. Been several weeks of all out stuff. First workout was 2x20 plus 5min @ 91%. They say 84 to 94%. So that slots in there. I think I may use the dumb trainer some for Zwift also to help the boredom of some SS. I watched the women's cross race replay on Youtube, good stuff!

Oh, yesterday stole back a 1.5mi very varied KOM I had lost. Proud of that effort, I had to sit on the curb after that one. I took 20 seconds off the old KOM. It's a hilly loop, so no wind help. Three other top 10's overall. Coulda bagged one, but it was part of the loop and had to hold back.

One or two I want to steal back I need some more watts in that 3min range. Probably around 400 to 420 for right at 3 minutes while at 69kg. Yuck. Those got stolen by some of the "big boys" around town. Stole my lunch money!