Old 08-01-20, 04:34 PM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 279 Posts
Just bought this... thought I'd post a couple pictures since I can't find *anything* on this model (maybe because it's a women's model).

Unfortunately, I got it home and realized I may have made a big error. It belonged to the seller's daughter, who was barely 5' tall. Yet, he looked up the frame size and it said it should be fine for someone even taller than me (53" frame, I'm 5'6" but my legs are short). I decided to have a look.

80s Maruishi Eagle Ace

Foolishly, I assumed that because the seat goes well up, the handlebars would too. We should have tested it. On the way home I stopped by the bike shop to grab some new chain lube and one of the guys there was kind enough to take a quick look at the handlebars for me, and said he wasn't sure they'd go up any more. I got home, messed with it... I'm not sure if they will, either. Of course, my main problem is that I can't get them to budge at all (even with WD-40 and some gentle knocks with a hammer)-- it doesn't help that I don't have anyone to help me hold the front end still while I try to wiggle the handlebars and get them to move so I have no leverage. This is my first road bike so I know little about how it should be but it looks to me like those handlebars are way too low and if they don't go up more, it's going to be a problem?