View Single Post
Old 08-14-16, 05:52 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Mentioned: 235 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
Originally Posted by motrheadsroadie
thomson requires like, a 5mm spacer above the stem.
props for throwing that triple in the trash where they belong. i guess.
There is a 3mm spacer there now. I've ordered some spacers so that I can get it right.

Triple served me well for 16 years and tens of thousands of miles. I'd have retained the whole 9 speed group I could find matched 52/40/30 rings and a front shifter in decent condition.

Originally Posted by TenSpeedV2
I love what you did with the bike from the color to that bar and tape job. The only thing that bugs me is that fugly 105 crank. Source of my opinion? I have the same one on my Felt Z5. It is an absolute eyesore on an otherwise beautiful bike. Yours and mine.
Agree about the cranks. The black 105 cranks look out of place on the Felt. Overpowers the whole bike for some reason.

Right now the 105 group is $435 at Ribble and had been up to $465. I saw the price dip to $311.11 just after Brexit and took that as a sign. Ugly works for me at that price.

Took it out for a real ride today, about 35 miles. Performs adequately.

Had a stiff Sram Power Link but it seemed to have worked itself free and quieted down. 53-11 gear is basically useless for me. Just a touch of cable stretch now that it has been on the road - I'll adjust it tonight and retorque all the bolts.

The bar is super comfy but the exposed top makes me nervous about slipping in the wet.

-Tim-

Last edited by TimothyH; 08-14-16 at 05:59 PM.