Old 07-19-19, 07:40 AM
runnergoneridin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
So I did a 20 mile ride yesterday. I reset the averages on the new meter then hopped on and took off. I was bucking a headwind most of the time, and there was some inclines I had to stay low geared for (nothing extreme). Total time was 1:06:45, and top speed was 25.9mph. My average speed was 17.8mph, which honestly is complete bs because this crappy bike threw the chain 4 times - oh and more fun than that was when I wiped out once trying to avoid hitting some dude walking in the bike path. Yeah it was ridiculous looking - I went almost over the handlebars. It left a big gash in my left handlebar wrap, lesser in my left elbow (had to be wrapped afterwards), and scrapes on my left shoulder and hip. Whatever, I jumped back on as fast as I could to keep the workout going.

I think I need to reset the meter while moving rather than from a dismounted stand-still. This I need to look into. The new riding shorts seemed to help with saddle comfort. I was indeed sliding forward into the saddle, which tells me my positioning still isn't right. Hoping for better luck next time lol. Plus, I'll start targeting longer distances.

Last edited by runnergoneridin; 07-19-19 at 07:47 AM.