View Single Post
Old 10-15-19, 08:58 AM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Originally Posted by 2cam16
I don't know about others but this looks good in my eyes!
Thanks! But it already looks better... read on.

Originally Posted by Soody
I really like it. I like this kind of thing in general too. So i'm nitpicking but I think your brown saddle and grips clash both with the copper fenders and with the black spoked wheels and the black bars. To me, a brown brooks only looks good on a bike with all shiny silver parts.
I don't like the stem bar combo either. It's silly to have a large rise stem and then bars with drop, without even a hand position at the high point. The silver & black together clashes too.
you're also missing your front rack and metal basket zip tied on it.
Ahhh, there's nothing quite like Kiwi Logic. I'm not sure how much of your reply is serious, and how much is bollocks. As for the handlebar setup, it took me a long time to settle on this, but I really like it. Coming from 30-some years on motorcycles, I'm not used to having multiple hand positions; just one position that is as comfortable as possible.

Originally Posted by stardognine
I like the looks of that Trek, mostly. You did say it's still a work in progress, so final judgement is still pending. 😉
The final revision is coming together. It's wearing black crankset, stem, seatpost, and handlebar now. Fenders are next...

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!
Likes For DQRider: