Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3890 Post(s)
Liked 1,939 Times in 1,384 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
Its a long story involving one major injury and multiple smaller ones. But suffice it to say that many doctors have been unable to find a long-term solution up to this point. I'm a living, breathing example that medical science can't solve every malady and still has a long way to go.Not in my case. I've given them a chance. In fact, multiple chances. So far, my doctors recommendations have bee sadly, wanting.
And yet they have no compunctions giving out brain scrabbling medication. Its all about my quality of life (chronic pain leaves you depressed), which is rapidly diminishing, and moving me toward the next level of desperation.
Well, that's all quite intentionally vague. I don't have the software to diagram it out, and that's not suitable for a forum anyway. So . . .

1) Chronic pain of the sort you seem to be suffering is either from an injury, or an auto-immune disease.
2) If it were possibly from an auto-immune disease one would think a doctor would have referred you to a rheumatologist who would have diagnosed from sedimentation and other tests and treated you.
3) So it's probably an injury.
4) Injury pain will have a source: inflammation, torn soft tissue, or.nerve pressure.
5) Inflammation pain is usually treated with NSAIDs. They work for acute pain but are not good for chronic. For that, one wants anti-inflammatory supplements if anything.
6) Many soft tissue injuries can be surgically repaired. If that's the case, get it done. If that's not the case, see below.
7) IME for nerve pressure and non-surgical soft tissue injuries there is no chemical fix. Chemicals mask the pain, but suppress the resolution of it.
8) The fix is PT and stretching, what type of each depending on the source of the pain.
9) This is why we have an opiod epidemic. People want a chemical fix, but there is no chemical fix, just a swirl around the drain.