Old 01-07-21, 10:40 AM
Koulou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Questions about tyres.

Hey folks,

I recently got a second hand Felt QX 100 (older version with V-brakes) in a decent condition. The only thing I need to take care of is the tyres.

Currently, the bike has a Schwalbe Marathon Plus 700x32c in great good condition at the back. At the front, it has a very old 700x38c tyre (don't remember the model) which needs to be changed ASAP. I use that bike for commuting with an average of ~15 miles per day, and I would say that I am a bit of a fast cyclist. I am located in London where the streets are not in the best condition (although the grip is very good in general) and I usually cycle in wet conditions.

My idea is to end up with two 700x32c tyres. I was thinking to move the Schwalbe Marathon Plus which is currently at the back to the front and put a faster tyre in the back, for example, a Continental Grand Sport Extra. My goal is to make my bike a bit faster in accelerating, but I'd prefer a tyre with decently deep threading at the front because I am afraid that a slick_ish tyre could easily result in slides while cornering due to the condition of the roads here. Apart from that, puncture protection is key to me.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers.

Last edited by Koulou; 01-07-21 at 11:30 AM.