Thread: Sit Bone Pain
View Single Post
Old 07-09-21, 09:35 AM
chief9245

Bikes: 2017 Argon 18 Krypton Xroad, 2017 Bombtrack Arise 2, 2018 Bombtrack Hook EXT-C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 37 Posts
Sit Bone Pain

Originally Posted by jonwollufs
Hi all, I've ridden about 6 times (around 20mile rides) on a Trek Domane SL5 which I bought second hand. The previous owner fitted a Specialized Power saddle which seems to be rated very highly after a quick Google search.

The problem I am having is that I am getting quite bad pain on my sit bones at the end of my rides, it's noticeably worse when I am going downhill/flat compared to when I'm going uphill.

Any recommendations on basic saddle adjustments that will help me out would be very much appreciated! Thanks
What I've noticed is getting away from any type of pain is almost impossible with the saddles on the market today. Of course everyone's body is different so not everyone has issues. I've had issues for 40+ years and was getting frustrated, not to mention having less money and more saddles than i know what to do with. I can't tell you how many saddles I've tried, probably the same amount as everyone else here. We all have a pain here or there after a ride or during a ride, and adjust this a little, adjust that a little. Sometimes it works, sometimes, meh... Even after getting a fitting there's always still an issue. The problem is the design of bike seats. Good lord, they're torture devices. I always suffered, whether it was inner thighs chafing, saddle sores here and there, or aggravated sit bones. I went with wide seats, narrow seats, extra padding here, less padding there, ones with a dip here or a shorter nose, or whatever was the latest and greatest in relieving seat pain. Yeah, I'm calling BS on the whole industry. After a while, you get to the point of skip it, just ride and deal with it. Then I found infiniybikeseat.com and everything changed. Goofy looking to say the least, and designed by a chiropractor. At this point, I've tried everything else, so what the heck. After receiving and installing per their guidance all I can say is wow, I mean wow. No pain, none. Let me repeat that, No pain. None. Amazing saddle, now I don't even wear a chamois, just some compression shorts and a regular pair of shorts. I went with the E1X model and I will never buy another type of saddle. Kind of pricey but if you really enjoy a full day in the saddle and you don't want any pain, it's well worth it. That's just my two cents, but well worth looking into if every ride turns into a day in the dungeons.