Old 10-11-17, 12:10 PM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by shoota
You have to quote him or there's a good chance he'll never see this.

BTW why does your orthopedist insist you ride carbon? Never heard that one before..
In reference to my spinal injuries, carbon fiber has much higher energy dissipation than other competing materials, all things being equal. Some carbon frames will be molded harder or softer than others, of course.

Theoretically, a full suspension bike would be best for a case like me. I certainly, can't (won't) go that route on the pavement and for light off road riding.

There are new formulations that help to make carbon fiber durable, & less hazardous in terms of internal fiber breakdown. I can't post the link here because I need 10 posts or more under my belt...

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE: from Dback this morning: "We have tested or Haanjo carbon frames to a maximum of 25lbs for the rear rack and a maximum of 20lbs for the front rack."

This makes it just fine for me!