Old 10-11-17, 08:22 PM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedyChix
Thanks.
Had a set of Bontrager TLR 29 mtb wheels that I use for CX/gravel and share with the EXP now too. They are 23ish internal width so work well with mid-width tires. So far I tend to like the 27.5 setup a bit better. Could be treads and what I was riding on (off road most of the time with the 27.5s).
I'm a long-time backpacker dreaming of bikepacking/touring through beautiful places,........... but, for now, I'm forced to be a bit more street oriented and live/ride in an area where the traffic/street design often forces me off the pavement into the dirt shoulder (sometimes ungraded and downright brutal!) -- a form of "adventure-biking" I guess, LOL! Therefore, I'm seeking a set to accommodate 700c x 28-35s.

I'm getting mixed messages from D-back. One rep says the front is 15mm, the other says it's 12mm. Could you please clarify? THX!