View Single Post
Old 06-14-19, 10:37 AM
rseeker

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 104 Posts
Originally Posted by rseeker
Sunday morning I rode about three hours, starting pre-dawn to avoid traffic on two-lane farms roads with blind curves. Possibly my longest distance yet. Via surface streets, I made it to the trailhead at the far end of the trail system that the greenway feeds into.
Repeated this ride Tuesday morning, except instead of circumnavigating the trail system I went out and back along one side. For me those were two very long rides and I felt pretty sick after this one. I went to bed early, wiped out, but the whole time I was trying to sleep I felt like I'd had too much caffeine or (I imagine) too much thyroid med. Tried hydrating. Tried eating. I didn't really feel well for two days. I put it down to ambition colliding with age and condition.

This morning, some HIIT work on hills. Dropped a book at the library (Robert Caro's "The Power Broker" - DNF because of length) and discovered there's now public outdoor exercise equipment behind it, so went through that once. 56F and heavenly leaving the house at 5:30AM.

Last edited by rseeker; 06-17-19 at 02:25 AM.