Old 06-18-19, 10:00 AM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by tubesocksFred
Also, it looks like they will pass a law legalizing e-bikes, with the caveat that no e-bikes (or scooters) will be allowed on the greenway, that includes class-1 e-bikes like citibike pedal assisted ones. I am surprised they wrote that into the law, or was it to prevent delivery e-bikes from using that path? I use that path regularly, rarely grabbed an cit-e-bike even when available, but they are a good bike to draft off. Now, if that is the only one available in the station, does that mean I have to take an alternate route? How would the pigs even know if I am also moving my pedals? Scan for the battery pack?
How will people ever climb the boat basin detour?

My read on the text is that the city council or other applicable locality would have the option to post signs allowing it. Hopefully they could be selective about classes, ie, allow reasonable pedal assist but not what is basically motorcycling. Though IMHO 20 mph pedal assist is way too fast for the more populated parts of the greenway. Something like 12-14 mph would be plenty if the actual intent were to "assist" - the result of a less fit rider plus a motor should be at fastest average person speed, not faster than it in a way skills and judgement are unlikely sufficient to manage.
Likes For UniChris: