Old 12-04-14, 06:14 PM
Bikey Mikey

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Yes, low Testosterone can cause those symptoms -- Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) in Men - A Testosterone Alternative.

I tested a couple of years ago just under the lower limit of normal due likely to my 20 years dealing with Diabetes. My doc prescribed Clomiphene Citrate which was created to assist women with infertility. But, it also can help raise Testosterone levels. Clomiphene, or Clomid, works by blocking estrogen at the pituitary and hypothalamus so that a man doesn't develop the stop signal for producing testosterone(which naturally does convert to estrogen). Blocking estrogen allows the man's body to make it's own Testosterone rather than artificially introducing it via a gel or other mechanism. I went from just under the lower end of normal--in my case it was under 300ng/dl. After being on Clomid, my levels jumped to over 600 ng/dl(the last measurement just one month ago was 679 ng/dl). As of now, Clomid use in men is considered "off label," but there is a company applying for approval for their version, an isomer of the molecule, for use in men. Clomid isn't cheap, but I get it through Rite Aids Wellness program at a very substantial discount. I use ½ a 50mg(25 mg dose) tablet once per day. I prefer this method of raising Testosterone over artificially raising it with gels or such.