View Single Post
Old 02-13-19, 08:07 AM
PMK

Bikes: 2006 Co-Motion Roadster (Flat Bars, Discs, Carbon Fork), Some 1/2 bikes and a couple of KTM's

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
@twocicle, perhaps you could share that all the MTB tandem people who had abandoned MTBR are now a mob on Facebook and elsewhere. I've been watching this event from afar and longing...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Tandemmountainbikes/
I tried your link, but did not see the event. At a guess it is either Bentonville or Breckenridge.

Yes, for the most part, the MTBR Tandom section kind of slowed to a crawl, while other stuff evolved.

For whatever reason, the dynamics of Facebook seem to work pretty well for the off road tandem teams. Add to that, in many cases a lot of us have travelled and ridden with other teams from various parts of the USA. So these FB groups are not just about info, but also a place where we tend to get together even though miles apart.

The SOORTA format seems to work well for the off road tandem teams. The events are a lot of fun and typically more casual than a planned rally. Also, with no entry fee and each team needs to make their own plans to some extent, it does bring these events a lot more into a fun get together. I do need to add though, a few of the SOORTA events are focused around other existing events, such as Tour De Felasco and Ididaride. In those cases the teams pay entry for the actual event, but the SOORTA portion of it all remains free, if that makes sense.