View Single Post
Old 02-13-19, 04:33 PM
twocicle
Clipless in Coeur d'Alene

Bikes: Tandems: Calfee Dragonfly S&S, Ventana ECDM mtb; Singles: Specialized Tarmac SL4 S-Works, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, etal.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
I meant Tucson.

Here in Sacramento I am in and around maybe the largest hub of mountain biking in the country and maybe less than ten miles from Ventana, but there's little MTB tandem activity I've found so far. A 1600 mile round trip to Tucson is not in the cards. But I grew up riding around the Phoenix exurbs and my nostalgia gets triggered by photos of knobby tire bikes and saguaros
For the SOORTA Tucson 2019 there were 2 teams in attendance from the Sacramento area in their 5th wheel and camper van, another couple drove an RV from Arkansas, while an east coaster couple flew out after shipping their mtb tandem via Bikeflights to the event leader's home. Besides locals and Phoenix area, others drove from Colorado and us from N. Idaho (probably the furthest of all) in our minivan.

Anyway, this thread was more about having fun on the dark side with non-pavement adventures. SOORTA is a beast all to itself.

Last edited by twocicle; 02-13-19 at 04:52 PM.