View Single Post
Old 08-19-19, 11:27 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18428 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
If getting passed somehow startles you and affects your handling, I would suggest the problem is not the person doing the passing.
I was thoroughly startled while touring back in June. Cold, rainy morning in Montana. Visibility not great. I was on a 70 mph road with a relatively narrow shoulder. Lots of up and downs. Worried about deer and even sheep coming out of the woods. (I had seen sheep on that road before, and if you have ever ridden on Montana you know that it's home to 6.20x10^23 deer, and that they like to run in front of cyclists and cars.) Totally concentrating on my surrounding and avoiding trouble when some jack *** I learned later was part of an organized buzzes me and yells something just as his mouth is parallel with my left ear. The really dumb thing about his actions is that if I had to suddenly swerve left to avoid a hoary marmot or some other critter and collide with him, I would have been the semi and he the Miyata. I and my loaded bike are going to win that battle every time.