Old 02-02-21, 05:49 AM
Geepig

Bikes: Romet Jubilat x 4, Wigry x 1, Turing x 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 151 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowJoeCrow
I did once work out how many bottle openers you could build into a bike and came up with 6ish, one or two dropouts with bottle openers, two SPD pedals, a headset spacer, a seatpost clamp, and a headset cap. I didn't know about the derailleur hanger or if anyone integrated an opener into a cage, saddle or accessory mount. As for off bike, I have one built into a belt buckle, a couple of multi tools and Swiss army knives, a Yakima key fob and some souvenir openers from visiting all the local breweries.
An interesting question, and potentially more if you are running an old steel bike with steel accessories.

It also depends how one defines a bottle opener. When I first visited Poland, back in 1996, hotel rooms were pretty basic but had both carbonated and non-carbonated water supplied in bottles with crown corks. No opener, though, so the wooden furniture was edged with 'bite' marks where people had put the edge of the bottle cap on the edge of the furniture and hit the cap smartly. I know, I did it myself. The point is that those steel front headlamp mounts were perfect for the task as well, or the steel saddle bag strap mounts on the back of leather saddles.

So another question is in how many ways can a bike be used as a bottle opener?
Likes For Geepig: