Old 02-12-21, 05:21 AM
UncleG

Bikes: Surly LHT, Trek 950 Single-Track

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by felipe.m
I am 197cm (~6ft4) ... The biggest one available is 58x58 cm (seat tube and top tube), whereas the ideal would be at least a 62.
Would it be ok to get it along with longer seatpost and stem? Or will my lower back kill me afterwards?
Many thanks, cheers!
The ideal would probably be 62mm'ish, which seem to be readily availble. To actually know It's gotten to where it's going to involve a bike shop. Let me start talking about extending seatposts and extending handlebar Heights that's when I think the customer should start thinking about upping lping the size of the frame.

I'm 6'5". And I once had a Schwinn Le Tour III that was 27" and I think it was just a little bit too tall, 26 is about right for me which equates to 62 millimeters however I have been on a 63mm bike (27") and it fit better than the schwinn 27!

Those 63mm framesets are also available or these bikes come up for sale pretty frequently depending on what you're looking for. But yes I think that 58mm could very well turn out to be a disappointment. And I know what it's like to live with a disappointment bicycle for a number of years and for me, it was the 27" frame.

But a proper fitting in a proper shop, with proper footwear proper togs and the like would be advisable, especially if you are close to, or approaching life outside the 90th percentile where tall people dwell.

Last edited by UncleG; 02-12-21 at 05:41 AM.