Old 07-08-19, 04:20 PM
CarloM

Bikes: 2019 TCR Advanced SL1 Disc; 2018 Cervelo S3 SRAM eTap HRD; 2020 Giant Revolt Advanced

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 128 Times in 100 Posts
Quick update, my LBS did a few adjustments on the FD and it seems to be much better. Still had them price out a new Ultegra crankset 50/34; 170mm with a new bottom bracket (required, different size than what is on the bike right now) and it came out to about $400 with installation (including they'd have to shorten the chain).

Does anyone have experiences they want to share about buying second-hand? Because the manager (who has been great to me during the whole purchase process including always giving me a discount on items even well after I've purchased the bike) also said if I was interested, he had some used SRAM carbon fiber cranks (he said he had them 8 months) for about $100 and I could pair them up with some SRAM chainrings and save money...but I've never bought used bike parts before. Only the CF cranks would be used, the chainrings would be new, and I wouldn't need a new BB since they use the same as what came with the bike.

Should I just stand pat with the all new Ultegra?