Old 08-08-19, 11:27 AM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by FlashBazbo
I'm thinking of buying an action camera, but I'm wondering how much I would really use it after the "new" wore off. I'm curious. For action camera owners, how much do you use your cameras? How do you use them? Are they a "security camera" for recording miscreant drivers? Do you do a video blog? Are you making videos from interesting segments of your ride? The idea seems very cool, but I wonder how much they really are used.
I ride 98% of the time with my GoPro recording. I use the footage about 5% of the time. Typically, I capture something I find funny or exciting; I create a video for most of my races; and when I was commuting to an office daily, it typically captured dangerous drivers. However, my home office arrangement allows me to ride routes and times that avoid most of the car conflicts.

My YouTube channel isn't exciting stuff, but you can get a feel for what gets edited and posted: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDT..._as=subscriber

Last edited by Hypno Toad; 08-08-19 at 11:27 AM. Reason: fixed link
Likes For Hypno Toad: