Old 08-25-08, 02:38 PM
Rocky1405
Hey, I AM peddling!

Bikes: Dahon Espresso 26" and Raleigh Passage 4.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
HI: I'm glad to find this thread and that other's who are over 65 are still crankin' along. I figure riding is putting money in my "Health Bank" and find that the more I learn about how to do increasing distances the easier it is to go farther. Duhh, who'da thunk that!?! I really started to appreciate how lucky I am to be healthy enough to ride 10 to 20 miles at a time when a few years ago I met a couple of old Army buddies who I hadn't seen in about 40 years. One has arthritis so bad he can't walk to the end of his driveway w/o help and the other let himself get so overweight that he can't walk up 3 stairs w/o having to rest. After that, I started to really work on getting into better shape. I figure we can't lose by investing some time into biking regularly and I'm glad to hear others out there who are over 60 feel the same way. Bike trails are my favorite places to ride of course but since its not always convenient to get to them where I live I've recently started to ride out along the open roads where ever the roadway shoulders are wide enough for safety. The more I do it the farther I can go and the more fun it is. So, lets keep doing it until they close the lid on us! (Hopefully, that's not for a L-O-N-G time).