View Single Post
Old 09-29-10, 09:21 AM
Scummer
Genetics have failed me

Bikes: Norwid Aaland, Radon Slide 140, Elom 505 Titan, Dahon mju, Pedalforce CX1, Battaglin Power+, Old MTB and lots of spare parts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Rollers are useful for high cadence workouts. Like +100rpm for like 20-30 min.
Training for improving your pedal stroke and your snap from high cadence to your max cadence.
e.g. pedal at 110rpm for 1 minute and then go all out for 30 seconds to your highest cadence you can muster without bouncing off the rollers... somewhere in the range of 140-180rpm's depending on how good your pedal stroke is.
Wash, rince, repeat.

BTW... rollers with small drums definitely have enough resistance for 20 min. power tests. At a 52/12 combination it takes me around 300Watts to turn a 90rpm cadence.
And with the killer headwind attachment I've got enough resistance that in the 52/17 I need over 300Watts to turn 90rpm's.

Now all out sprints with max power do not work too well on rollers, I stationary trainer is better for those.

When I try to sprint on my rollers standing up, I can maybe put between 500 and 600 Watts down before the rear wheel starts slipping and I'm loosing control over the bike.