Old 10-05-19, 12:30 PM
no67el

Bikes: How many is too many?

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 83 Posts
Centurion Prestige '89

Someone was asking for a picture of the Prestige a few posts back...... and in keeping with the "Black Parts" idea...... :

The bike came to me with the black Cannondale-badged seat post.... and I noticed black lettering on the frame, so..... ..... and the bike is a bit on the small side, so I'm trying the black Nitto Dynamic 0-degree stem... Jury is still out for me about the look, but the slight rise of the stem has certainly made the fit just about perfect....

The one good place in my yard to take pics of bikes....

Is this marble or smoke?

Black HG cassette on a FH-M525a freehub body....

The bike arrived with a leg-killing 12-22 cassette on it.... and it came from a female triathlete who must have been SO strong (or just liked to pedal at 50 rpm?) The freehub body was UG only, so I've fiddled with putting on a new freehub body.... Shimano FH-M525a fit great, and a new (black) 7-speed HG cassette went on. I had to put a few spacers behind the large cog to fill up the space, and the chainline moved outward a bit requiring front derailleur repositioning.... but it plays very well now with the indexed 600 shifters! Only issues are that the original UG hub axle is a little short-- I removed the spacers from in between the cones and the locknuts, and now I think there's enough axle for the dropouts to rest on... the other issue is that the drive-side freehub dust seal from the UG hub would not work on the HG freehub body, as it interfered with the last cog/lockring threading on. So I need to find a rubber seal for that space, or else my bearings will not last long! Anyone know which part I need? Trying to sort out Shimano parts diagrams and ordering is confusing me....

Lovely fall day here today.... time to go ride a bike....
Likes For no67el: