View Single Post
Old 10-21-19, 08:11 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
Liked 3,579 Times in 2,341 Posts
Sat 10/19/19

did not wear the hoodie despite a cold start to the day. wore just a bright orange long sleeve base layer & orange work gloves for the hunters. (also had on a yellowish cycling short sleeve under, in case the ling sleeve came off). saw one hunter w/ a dog wearing bells, emerging from the woods. I asked if he positively identified his targets before shooting & he said: “supposed to” or something like that. would have been better if he said “absolutely” but he did not say that

did some exploring trying to spend as much time as possible on the "Pine Barrens Trail". wound up out of the MSSF on the East Side & turned around when I located myself at the lower edge of Gallows Pond.

last time I stayed in the park using the main dirt roads so it was easy to locate myself using the signs, map & compass. But it was fun this time getting lost. But when I want to be sure I wasn’t too far astray I couldn’t easily find an signage that matched up w/ my map(s). Yay for the iphone "Find My Friends" native app. cuz it can also find me!

parked at lot # 4 on Long Pond Rd & walked over to the paved trail to see if I could locate a sign for the Pine Barens, but no luck. So parked at lot#2 & took the dirt road I was familiar with “Three Cornered Pond Rd”. which is how I wound up finishing my ride.

I had grand plans for grand mileage on the single track heading South but apparently wound up staying relatively close to my car despite being out in the woods for a long time

have to debrief w/ my vids & maps but have a cpl pics to share

there's no avoiding some of the soft stuff. sometimes I was able to ride the edge. other times just hiked it up the hill

this was def. a recent fall from the wind storm last week. I was able to sneak thru but the bike wasn't going anywhere

the Pine Barrens Trail is pretty awesome!

so much good riding in the forest!

rear tires felt a little too squishy so took an action pic w/ my full weight. they held up but felt weird on the hard flat stuff. over the rough stuff, I guess they were perfect

hit the gravel powerline rd for some extra fun miles in the bright sun. set my sport cam to "burst" mode. 10 frames per second but I have no exact idea when, after I press the button, it starts/stops. anyway, wound up w/ a bunch of these but I like this one

was fun emerging from the woods at Gallows Pond. would be a pretty swimming hole in the summer

Last edited by rumrunn6; 10-21-19 at 09:38 AM.