Old 07-06-12, 11:26 PM
Citoyen du Monde

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SANTE POLLASTRI
wonderful!!
it could be a tour de france model,look at the right chainstay,the rear gear cable stop isn't brazed on like on the campione del mondo.
There was a huge degree of difference between Bianchi bikes made in the same year. Almost every bike had its own paint scheme, chroming and often even decal placement. The Campione del Mondo and Tour de France are basically the same frame, simply made in different years. The chainstay braze-on appears to have become a fixture in 1953 when they switched away from the 4 mm drop-out screws. I do however agree that the combination of missing chainstay braze-on and no chromed seat lug could point to a Tour de France.

Originally Posted by Ciufalon
All three of the frames posted above have eyelets front and rear, whereas the OP's bike doesn't have any I can see.
Notwithstanding all of the variants seen in paint, chrome and decals mentioned above, I do not remember ever seeing another Bianchi from this era without eyelets for fenders. In the catalogs it clearly states that the bikes all came with alloy fenders. It would not surprise me that these were removed together with the chainstay braze-on.

BTW, the hubs are also not likely original as they were supplied OEM with Bianchi branded hubs. In the photos below you can see the OEM cranks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
TdF repaint.jpg (97.4 KB, 134 views)
TdF.jpg (109.4 KB, 134 views)
CdM cranks and pedals.jpg (95.0 KB, 128 views)
CdM rear end.jpg (101.1 KB, 135 views)