Old 10-11-11, 08:27 PM
jbkirby

Bikes: 1971 Raleigh International; 1972 Raleigh International; 1971 Schwinn Sports Tourer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by pastorbobnlnh
Having driven through Dothan many, many times, on my way from Atlanta to Panama City Beach, I can attest that your quest to find any significant hills will be a challenge. I suppose you could go down to the FL pan handle, but even then the hills are easy to moderate, at best.

Time for you to take a trip to North AL, or if you want a real long hill climb, head to Cherokee, NC and head north on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There you will experience about 10 miles of pure climbing before reaching a descent.

Isn't interesting how we each desire what the other has? I have to look hard for a semi-flat ride, one which has less than 200-300 feet of difference in altitude over the course of 20 or so miles. On Saturday I rode 40 miles along the NH coast between ME and MA and back. The elevation change was probably less than 30 feet. I was amazed by the pace I was able to keep.
I would love to swap terrain with you! One of my best friends hails from Exeter (the 1960's UFO hoax capital of the nation...my friend made sure of that with a washtub and Christmas lights...) and he also got to experience riding in Anniston!