Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,647 Times in 829 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
It's your party, I suppose. But the odds are extremely high that you're going to gain nothing from this thread. You've been on the site for awhile, shame you never paid any attention. The "recommend me a saddle" threads come up quarterly, and they do not break new ground. Saddles are personal things. The grail saddle for one guy is the ass hatchet of another. So welcome to the internet-- don't be alarmed when you don't get the answer you want.
I understand that saddles are very personal. I have read a number of the saddle threads. I just spent quite a while researching here and elsewhere for information on touring saddles specifically. I figured that with the generally more upright position of touring bikes, that the comments on road bike saddles may not translate well to touring bike saddles. In doing my research, the overwhelming majority of tourers like the leather saddles that just do not mesh with me. So that's why I thought I'd ask about non-leather touring saddles. I might learn about something out there that I had never heard of or never considered. My favorite saddles to date are ISMs more comfort oriented saddles (Typhoon, PR 3.0 and Century) I do pretty well with them. I rode RAGBRAI on one, but squirmed a bit. I looked at ISMs Metro saddle and thought for the price it might be worth a try for my new touring rig. They are fairly new though and there's not much info out there on them. Who knows, maybe someone here has tried one. I have rarely asked questions on any of the forums here and not gotten useful info. It truly never hurts to ask.