View Single Post
Old 02-13-19, 12:38 AM
furiousferret

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 469 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Ttoc6
They have zwift for windows vr, but it's not public yet. And I can tell you, that as of today, you DO NOT want to do anything remotely physical with a vr headset on. I get so sweaty and motion sick just sitting sitting still sim racing. Can't imagine that on a bike.
I remember buying a Sailing game for my Oculus Rift and I got seasick af. The space games (where you float in space) are worse because you 'forget' about gravity.

Outside of z1, VR is a no go for fitness. There may be ways around it but those headsets make you sweat even until sedentary conditions.

Originally Posted by Radish_legs
Skimming FB tonight, reading from a couple of locals who are reporting feeling sick that zwift crashed and lost their rides. In one case, a 15 mile ride. In another case a group ride. Calling technical support. Trying to figure out something. It's just like if their garmin didn't record their century ride. I'm telling you, this zwift thing is only going to get bigger and bigger. Hopefully they will get some meaningful competition.
To steal a gaming term, the meta is changing. Less are on the road and more are on Zwift or Gravel. I'm the only one left on our team that races road, and I'm considering racing elsewhere. Problem being I'm antisocial and I dislike most of other local teams for various reasons. They're all dumb reasons but reasons nonetheless!