View Single Post
Old 06-16-19, 08:43 PM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 244 Times in 181 Posts
I’ve had pretty much all of them. I got the Elemnt just after it came out and that was a bit of a trial, but I only lost one ride and that was in that phase. Rapidly, Wahoo increased the stability and reliability of their software. The screen is great, and even though it’s low tech as far as displays go, it’s got the best readability in direct sunlight.

I’d have to rate Wahoo's reliability as tops in all of the bike computers out there. Garmin doesn't even come close.

Where the Elemnt falls down is in it's navigation capability. It's there, but there are no street names and that same display that is easy to read in daylight is also low res which means the maps can be very difficult to decipher. It's sort of best described as the kind of navigation that works when you pretty much know where you're going. But it’s got great connectivity with Strava, RideWithGPS and others for routes.

Set up is terrific with the use of their smartphone app.

FWIW, I have the ELEMNT, my daughter has the BOLT. I also have a Garmin Edge 1000 (meh) and a Hammerhead Karoo (work in progress but getting there).

FWIW, I think DCRainmaker kind of nailed the Garmin world with this article. Accurate based on my experience, maybe even a little magnanimous. The comments in the article are really illuminating.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/06/...stability.html

Market and feature leader but - at best - mediocre reliability. I'd say that's pretty accurate.