Old 09-28-18, 11:54 AM
MMACH 5
Cycle Dallas

Bikes: Dulcinea--2017 Kona Rove & a few others

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
I had an exchange with a local shuttle driver about ten years ago.

https://www.bikeforums.net/commuting...rontation.html

After the exchange, I e-mailed the Irving police to complement the responding officers on how they handled it. I also ended up emailing the shuttle company and shared that this confrontation took place. In the explanation, I shared that we both we both used foul language, but I was just a dude on a bike—he was driving their bus, thus acting as a representative of the company. Fast forward almost a year...

...I got on a local city bus and the guy across from me was wearing a shirt with the shuttle bus company's name and logo. I mentioned that I'd had a run-in with one of their drivers and this guy said that they had all heard about it, a company-wide meeting was called and that driver was fired. I was quite stunned and said so. He said the driver was not fired for having the confrontation with me. He was fired because they are only allowed to drive the shuttle buses on airport property and this guy was driving his bus home every night. Our exchange took place about six miles from the airport.