View Single Post
Old 05-07-13, 11:56 AM
FBinNY 

Bikes: too many bikes from 1967 10s (5x2)Frejus to a Sumitomo Ti/Chorus aluminum 10s (10x2), plus one non-susp mtn bike I use as my commuter

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5788 Post(s)
Liked 2,580 Times in 1,430 Posts
Start by putting your city of residence in your profile. This will let a local know refer you to a good source near you.

Then, either post photos, or better yet, find a local co-op, where you can bring the partly laced wheel for a look see. Odds are there's something simple going on and with the wheel in hand someone can point it out in 3 seconds flat,rather than us here playing blind man's bluff with you.

Meanwhile, one last shot in the dark. Do you by any chance have an offset drilled rim (either zig zag, or all the spokes to one side) and if so are you sure you're going in the right direction. If all the spokes are offset to one side, than that side should usually be to the left,to reduce the effects of dish. Also, are you running the radial spokes elbow out vs. elbow in which calls for a longer spoke?

An ounce of diagnosis is worth a pound of cure.

Just because I'm tired of arguing, doesn't mean you're right.

“One accurate measurement is worth a thousand expert opinions” - Adm Grace Murray Hopper - USN

WARNING, I'm from New York. Thin skinned people should maintain safe distance.