Old 01-24-19, 03:09 PM
OhLylo

Bikes: FX3 Frankenbike, Emonda SL5

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Wednesday: Morning wasn't bad, but my legs were grumbling all day long as I was on my feet all day. Going home wasn't bad until the last little stretch...

OK, so it's a 4 lane road (2 in each direction) with a bike lane. About a quarter mile out from a left turn I need to make, I signal, it's clear, and I move over to the left to wait at the light to make the turn. A guy in a silver Scion comes barreling up behind me (40mph limit here btw!), laying on the horn for like 15 straight seconds. I'm a little panicked but oh well, whatever, pressing on. Eventually he passes me on the right and loops back into the left turn lane I'm going into. I stop about 50 feet back to keep my options open in case he decides to get crazy. Sure enough, he opens his door, climbs out, and starts yelling at me. I just pointed at the light and said "I'm turning", and then the light changed and he got back into his car and drove off. It was a scary moment, though. Maybe it's time for me to get a can of pepper spray and mount it to my top tube.

Rude Compensation Truck Dude Alert Level for yesterday: 8/10, dude actually got out of his vehicle to yell at me in the road. Yikes.

Today: 31F when I left. The first 2 minutes of my ride are always cold, but then I'm warmed up enough to not notice much after that. The ride was okay. I pedaled easy because my legs are still dying for a rest day. And some people don't know what to make of a bike in a roundabout, which is silly, but hey, whatever, I guess. Oh, and this marks my first full work week of biking to and from work every day! I'm pretty proud of that.

Rude Compensation Truck Dude Alert Level for today: 0/10